Residential Care Manager – Full Time
- Brand new state of the art facility.
- Excellent salary package with NFP benefits.
- Sydney – prestigious Eastern Suburbs location.
With 75 years experience delivering aged care services, Presbyterian Aged Care has embarked upon the most substantial re-development in our history. Set on 1.48 hectares steeped in history within the Woollahra LGA, The Terraces at Paddington is set to be uniquely fashioned and the ‘Jewel in the Crown of the Eastern Suburbs’. You can play a key role in this exciting new integrated living development.
As Residential Care Manager / DON of ‘The Terraces’ you will report to the General Manager on the site, assisting with the completion of the commissioning of our new 100 bed facility, with a 23 bed DSU. You will work collegially and assist with a range of support services, facilities management and retirement living staff through to the completion of The Terraces. Locally there will be 79 new seniors ILU’s in four new buildings once complete. This will include The Scottish Hospital and Gatekeepers Cottage heritage buildings converted to nine seniors living apartments and the creation of space for future community care programs set on beautiful grounds.
Reporting to the General Manager, The Terraces you will:
- Deliver high quality residential aged care.
- Espouse and encourage your team to deliver person centred care.
- Maintain clinical standards of care and excellence, including CQI.
- Assist in budget development and manage financial performance.
- Ensure appropriate levels of accommodation deposits and payments are achieved, also occupancy maintained.
- Manage and educate staff, assuring continued professional development.
- Develop meaningful relationships with relatives and residents.
- Ensure legislative and regulatory standards are upheld and met.
- Excellent remuneration package with not for profit salary packaging / tax savings.
- Kudos for working at such a celubrious retirement living and residential aged care site.
- Mission based employer – delivering Christian care.
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Residential Care Manager / DON to de commission then commission the new facility.
- Support from the General Manager and your team.
- This RACF has an excellent reputation within the local community and referrers.
- Prestigious Eastern Sydney location – close to transport, main roads and plenty of parking.
Skills and Experience:
- Aged Care clinical nurse management experience (including dementia).
- Experience managing your time and competing priorities.
- Sound organisational and problem solving ability.
- Intermediate MS Office and PC skills.
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of frail older people.
- Dementia and / or mental health care experience highly regarded.
- Strong systems orientation and the ability to lead, direct and manage work teams.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Registered Nurse (AHPRA) certification with minimum 5 yrs experience in aged care.
Ready to start a role where you can be your best?
Get in touch on
- Full Time