Director of Nursing
- Life in Coffs Harbour – you can only dream about it
- Boutique aged care and retirement living organisation
- Energetic, positive, compassionate employer with an excellent brand
An authentic and future-focussed organisation, our client is on a journey with strategic intent, a governance review, team building and support. It is values based.
Their positive and unique brand establishes them a desirable employer, particularly in light of the current climate of the aged care sector.
Typically, as a Director of Nursing at this organisation, you don’t want to leave because you are loyal to your employer’s professionalism, reputation, compliance and the original way they orchestrate operations. After some time, their Director of Nursing is heading to retirement from their post in Coffs Harbour. Having established an incredible high-functioning operation, we are searching for her replacement!
Curious about what the job is?
Discover what it’s like to work as a Director of Nursing for an organisation that is positive, energetic, compassionate, flexible and totally 110% resident and staff focussed.
As the Director of Nursing, you will consolidate already successful operations within this residential aged care home. The facts are that you will need to manage people, resident satisfaction and external referrer relationships. The job is to assure standards and compliance are met, cultivate strong clinical and corporate governance, forge good commercial outcomes and internal and external people relationships.
This opportunity exists in a physical environment that is ideal in terms of residential aged care. This has a direct and positive impact on you as the DON, staff, relatives,
visitors and most importantly the residents.
It reports to an Aged Care Services Executive who is an RN, passionate about change and optimistic for the strategic direction and future of the organisation. You will strike relationships with results focussed, analytical and insightful business operations corporate teams. This partnership (with corporate) will create significant support for you to run a great residential aged care home.
- You like to uncover better ways to deliver compassionate care in a professional and successful operating model
- AHPRA Certification as an RN is essential
- Strong values are something you hold in high regard and you therefore only explore job opportunities where you feel your values are aligned with the prospective employer
- This job requires established experience within residential aged care management
- You are a future-focussed nurse leader and manager
- You are happy, energetic, intuitive and like to share this with others
- You are a great listener, never mope or mutter complaints about the state of play, but instead you sometimes like to challenge others to look at facts and explore better ways of doing things to improve outcomes for residents and staff.
- You turn a challenge into opportunity
- You are resourceful and happily embrace change
- You have a certain way with people, where you orchestrate empowered teams because this impacts quality of care
- You will have experience with the aged care standards and legislation as well as relevant Government departments
The benefits of the job and organisation:
- Opportunity to live by the sea if you don’t already!
- Bespoke, positive and generous support provided by the corporate operations team (Sydney based)
- The job will enable you to find your voice with this future-focussed organisation, you will celebrate their strong governance and systems structures
- Flexible working hours
- It offers an excellent remuneration package, including tax benefits included when you work with a for purpose organisation.
Reach out to explore this opportunity:
(02) 9144 4544 or 0414 412 418 (Peta-Jane Maynard).
Alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries and applications are confidential.
Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Federal Criminal Records check.
Ready to start a role where you can be your best?
Get in touch on
- Full Time
Coffs Harbour NSW