Director of Care Services
- Community employer of choice
- Opportunity to be part of organisation structure change
- Location – beautiful Shoal Bay, go for the sea change! ribbon salary package
About the organisation
Our client is a community owned not for profit, non – denominational organisation that has been caring for the Port Stephens community for the past 25 years. They are a large employer locally and provide a full suite of services across home care, retirement and residential living.
Undergoing a restructure, this is a key position within the senior management team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Care Services will manage the operations of two residential aged care homes and one hostel. A capable and supportive team and culture provide ample resourcing on site. This will empower you to lead and manage operations successfully.
We are seeking an experienced and committed Director of Care Services, someone who can drive change and bring a team along on the journey. You understand the importance of good governance in residential aged care and that includes people leadership and clinical governance. You are an experienced manager, committed to ensuring care and lifestyle underpins consumer directed care. With knowledge of the new standards, you have skills in communication, influencing, policy development and systems integration. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ACFI is essential. Above all of that, you enjoy having a laugh with your residents and team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A really good sense of humour, resilience and a passion for making a difference in the community
- Clinical management experience at an FM/Residential Manager/Director of Nursing level
- RN Division 1 registration with AHPRA
- A strong understanding of accreditation, the new standards, ACFI, and relevant legislation
- Commitment to the residential aged care workforce, developing and managing saff
- Understanding of the change required to prepare the organisation for the new Quality standards framework, particularly around CDC
- Demonstrated relationship development skills
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate
To apply contact Linda Rice on 02 9144 4544, or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will need to meet the requirements of a Criminal History Check as per the Aged Care Act 1997.
Ready to start a role where you can be your best?
Get in touch on
- Full Time
Shoal Bay NSW