Deputy Director of Nursing / DDON
- Northern Sydney location between St Ives and Mona Vale, parking provided
- Fantastic leadership team and organisation
- Work life balance – 2 x DDON’s at this home
Our client has four decades of experience in delivering exceptional building design and high standard residential aged care. With twelve aged care homes throughout the Sydney and mid-NSW North Coast regions, they pride themselves on the provision of high standards of care, excellent consumer-centric services and ensuring the physical environment inside and external to their homes is first-class.
People enjoy working at this home which is extra services and located between St Ives and Mona Vale. As an experienced residential aged care DDON, you would truly aspire to be employed with this organisation! Staff work within a supportive professional environment and are encouraged to take all opportunities as they present, to increase skills and experience. There is a strong focus on ‘team’, you will enjoy working with proven systems and continuous improvement initiatives.
As DDON you will be proactive in managing relationships with families, interpreting their feedback of services within the home as an opportunity for improvement. As a Deputy Director of Nursing, one of two at this home, you will report to an experienced Director of Nursing and be afforded every opportunity for career advancement.
- Optimising care practice and clinical standards
- Overseeing and monitoring all residents, developing care plans, undertaking audits, ACFI reviews, accreditation preparation and ensuring continuous improvement initiatives are embedded in everything they do
- Ensuring residents are provided tailored holistic wellness and lifestyle options
- Developing strong relationships with family and friends of residents, including being proactive with complaints and feedback
- Working in conjunction with the other DDON to effectively manage workforce development / upskilling and rostering requirements
- Developing and effectively managing the team
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an aged care management position
- Ability to provide direction and motivate a multi-disciplinary team with a passion for delivering exceptional care and service to consumers
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, human resources and information systems management experience
- Demonstrated experience with the residential aged care accreditation process
- A sound knowledge of the aged care funding instrument (ACFI)
- Work for an esteemed employer and brand in residential aged care
- Recently accredited medium – large sized aged care home
- Extra service resident focused and holistic model of care
- Excellent systems and ongoing education / training
- Collaborative and progressive organisational culture
- Career progression and skill set development opportunities
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- Organisation-wide quality, operational and ACFI support
To find out more please call (02) 9144 4544 or 0431 999 533 and talk to Linda Rice. Alternatively, email your application to email@example.com
All enquiries and applications are confidential.
An appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Federal Criminal Records check.
Ready to start a role where you can be your best?
Get in touch on
- Full Time
Terrey Hills NSW