CLINICAL NURSE CONSULTANT – Full Time
- Newly created role – dementia focus.
- Excellent salary package with NFP benefits.
- Flexible job location – close to your home.
With nearly 30 residential aged care homes across NSW and the ACT serving over 2000 residents and a home care portfolio totalling 1800 clients, you will be instrumental in turning this newly created CNC – Dementia role into something quite spectacular across this organisation.
You will be building relationships and collaborating with General Managers, Care Managers, Registered Nurses and the dynamic team of CNCs across the organisation to improve clinical outcomes for residents. You will be the ‘go to’ clinical expert in dementia and work closely with the Quality, Education and Talent Development team to deliver outcomes to the organisations clients.
- Connect and influence GM’s, CM’s and RNs to be vigilent in identifying issues in dementia care and give them the resources to affect positive change.
- Collaborate with organisational stakeholders and assist in developing and delivering targeted training to staff.
- Provide auditing feedback and education.
- Coach and mentor, improving audit results for facilities and home care services who may need assistance in meeting org-wide benchmarks in dementia care.
- Develop action plans that will ensure you are effective in your role.
- Become known as the ‘go to’ person within the organisation providing evidence based best practice and clinical improvements in your area of expertise.
- Excellent remuneration package with not for profit salary packaging / tax savings.
- Org-wide acknowledgement of your contribution.
- Satisfaction that you are impacting positively on quality improvements in residential and home care.
- Ability to make a positive contribution in the lives of residents and clients with dementia.
- Capacity to expand on your professional goals and to be given the bandwidth to think laterally about solutions to challenges in your area of expertise.
- Opportunity for professional and personal development.
- Support from your direct line manager and your colleagues.
- Flexible job location – close to where you live.
Skills and Experience:
- Aged Care clinical nurse management experience (including dementia).
- Experience managing your time and competing priorities.
- Sound organisational and problem solving ability.
- Intermediate MS Office and PC skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making abilities.
- Understanding of and empathy with residential aged care and home care leaders’ clinical challenges.
- Dementia and / or mental health care experience will be highly regarded.
- Ability for self reflection and to plan and deliver education around dementia care.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Registered Nurse (AHPRA) certification with minimum 5 yrs experience in aged care.
Ready to start a role where you can be your best?
Get in touch on
- Full Time